Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wayne County Fair




Last night we went to the Wayne County Fair. We have heard wonderful things about this fair. One plus is that you pay 8 bucks and you get to park, get in and go on all the rides. So the price was definitely well worth it. Chip was off and I noticed a few weeks ago that there was going to be a monster truck show. I asked him if he wanted to do that and he said yes. My sister in law is down from Penn Yan with her three kids for two weeks as well because they are going to Frost Valley Camp. Eric just turned 5 a month ago and he and Adam have been playing nicely together these past few days. We don't get to see them that often because they live about 4 hours away. When I told her the plans, she was all for the monster truck show as well so we all went over, with my father in law too and had a day at the fair.
Well, I am not going to lie to you, this wasn't really one of my favorite days. My mother in law really thought we should leave Van with her, he can't do much at the fair and the monster truck show was at 7:30, pretty much the time he goes to bed. We insisted though that we wanted a family day and that he would like it. Well, we were wrong. I felt bad for him because he was pretty much strapped in the stroller because if you let him out to walk, he's gone. And the monster truck show was really really loud, and we waited in the bleachers for a good hour before it started (our choice but still) and he was less than thrilled. And he was not a happy camper the entire hour home. But what can you do.
I decided that Monster trucks aren't really my thing. Oh, here's a funny story for you. We have been telling Adam for a while now that we were going to this show. At first, he thought we were going to see monsters. Then we have this Sesame street cd that we listen to and there is a 'monster song' so he thought that we were going to hear that. He did ride in a monster truck though. He actually sat in the cab next to the driver. In the second picture you can see my father in law sitting in the back with the green John Deere hat. Adam did like the ride. But when they started crushing cars, he didn't like that so much. I guess something came off of one of the monster trucks. I must have missed it. But he was all concerned about the 'poor truck' because he could see the motor. The entire show he kept saying, 'the truck is OK,' 'they are going to fix it'. 'It won't be broke anymore.' He was very worried. Poor little guy. One event that really took the cake for me was before they started the show, a couple got on the truck with the mike, and proposed. The groom-to-be in pajama pants and pony tail. Oh yes....
So all in all, maybe Daddy can take the boys again when they are like 8. I think I would opt out. Guess what they wanted to do the most? Sit on the fourwheelers and tractors. One of which was the SAME exact John Deere 420 that we have. And Van wanted to feed all the animals. Go figure. My next post will be about Sesame Place and the aquarium that we leave for on Tuesday Yay, yay, YAYYYYY!!!!! I am very excited, Adam will be beside himself!

No comments: