Saturday, October 31, 2009

What the Furman Five have been up to


Here's a quick synopsis of what everyone has been doing, and some things I really don't want to forget about the kids. They aren't really anything too interesting but things I think I will enjoy reading and remembering in a few years. First for the boring people:


Me- Pretty much I am working working working. I think non-teachers and even teachers like me who have been out of it for four and a half years forget how much time you really put into the job if you want to do it right. And I am not saying I am a top notch teacher. I want to be one some day so that is what I am striving for, but I also don't know any other way to do it. I get to work a half hour early each day but I leave when we can leave. I work ALL day when I am there, no down time at all and then I come home and after the kids are in bed I continue to do school work. I need to figure out how to work smarter, not harder. But for me it's sort of like starting from scratch again. I am figuring out things as I go. I think in a few years I can lay a little lower. But who knows. Teaching is hard. I had to hunt someone down just so I could change a tampon. You are trapped in your room pretty much all day until lunch and prep and mine is back to back. So by 2:00, I NEED to run to the bathroom.


Chip- He is cutting wood, cutting wood and cutting more wood since we are heating three houses. Also as I am typing this he is enclosing our back little porch thing so all the barn clothes can go out there in a month or so when the cows go in the barn. This is going to be SO great because now my house won't smell like manure all winter.


Adam- Adam's new thing is hide and go seek. He wants to play every day and tries to make Van play. Chip usually plays with him every night. It's cute. He also gets little notes from a girl in his class whom the aide told me seems to be quite smitten with Adam. It's funny. Adam said one day she was mad because he was playing with the boys or something. I guess he is planning on marrying her in the stone building. I saved the note.


Van- He is potty trained but every time (we think) he farts he thinks he has to poop so he runs to the bathroom a lot. My favorite thing he does is says 'Tum here Mommy' and puts out his little hand to show you 'come here'. He's cute. I put the picture at the top of how he does his hand and he always sticks the arm straight out. I can't move the picture down here where I wanted it.



Anna- She likes to eat. We go on Wednesday for her six month well check (sniff sniff) and I am anxious to see what she weighs. It took Van a long time to like food but not her. She is eating Stage 2 foods already, which I know is just more basically, the consistency doesn't change. But she enjoys her food and is VERY chatty during eating time. Something that she does that is funny is that she likes to watch Chip dance. (I mean who wouldn't.) But we have her in her bouncy chair and she will get fussy. So Chip turns on the Lady GaGa CD. (He wanted it.) And when he does, she stops crying, sticks out her legs straight and her eyes get all jumpy because she is excited. And then he (and the boys usually) start dancing and she calms right down. I really want to put it into America's funniest videos, it's that funny.

No comments: