This really has nothing to do with my kids but I have a confession that I just realized about myself.
I am obsessed with collecting recipes.
And I just realized it the other day. I posted a year ago or so that I love getting the Taste of Home magazines. They come twice a year and I have been getting them since we have been married so it's about 7 1/2 years. So let's see, 7 x 6 is 42 plus the three is 45 magazines. I have them ALL! And I look through them. Seriously. And have tabs on them and stuff written on the front. Well we got a new TV for Christmas and are moving the living room around so we are getting rid of the 'center' that holds the old TV, and the magazines are underneath. Where am I going to put them? Anyway, I sort of got off topic.
I realized that I really am obsessed with the recipes. I have a binder that I keep, and I honestly use it probably about 3 times a week. It has all of these different recipes that I have found over the years and I have them in sleeves and organized. I used the binder twice today. But it is getting a little full, I think I need a bigger one.
I get emails from Martha Stewart and Betty Crocker and Parents and one other one that Martha Stewart does.... I can't think of it right now. But I always open them and on occasion will print out a recipe and it goes in the binder. I was just on Betty Crocker that is why I thought of this post. And you know in the Sunday paper when you get the coupons and they sometimes say 'go to helavucheese.com for recipes'? I do. And I print them out. And they go in the binder. And when my house is clean (which is the WORST time to cook because then you make a mess again) I open the binder or go to my tabbed magazines and make something. I decided if we won the lotto and I had a house cleaner and my kids were in school and I decided to take advantage of a wash and fold service because holy hat.....laundry takes all day.... I would stay home and make food all day like containers of spiced almonds for snacks and really yummy sandwiches and scrumptious dinners with dessert choices. But for now, I'll keep plugging away at the binder on occasion.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love recipes too! I always find myself just reading them. I love looking through cookbooks and reading them over. I know whether or not Shawn or I will like them based on the ingredients!
Post a Comment