We started Adam in piano lessons a month or two ago? The woman that plays the piano at our church is amazing and we asked her if she would be willing to give Adam lessons. She said that five was a little young but we could give it a shot. He surprised us all and has been doing really really well. He goes for a half hour each Tuesday afternoon and has worked through over half of the book. He seems to have quite an ear for it because he has memorized most of the songs and can even play them on his little toy clarinet that he has. I don't know how to play any musical instruments and it is really important to me that our kids do. Chip can play the piano a little so he sits down and helps them. He learned the F sharp a few weeks back and was SO excited. Mrs. Miller said she has never seen a child so excited about the F sharp. I am very proud of him though, he will often just sit down and start playing like you can see above, that was Anna's little birthday party and he decided to play. I hope he always enjoys it.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Piano lessons
We started Adam in piano lessons a month or two ago? The woman that plays the piano at our church is amazing and we asked her if she would be willing to give Adam lessons. She said that five was a little young but we could give it a shot. He surprised us all and has been doing really really well. He goes for a half hour each Tuesday afternoon and has worked through over half of the book. He seems to have quite an ear for it because he has memorized most of the songs and can even play them on his little toy clarinet that he has. I don't know how to play any musical instruments and it is really important to me that our kids do. Chip can play the piano a little so he sits down and helps them. He learned the F sharp a few weeks back and was SO excited. Mrs. Miller said she has never seen a child so excited about the F sharp. I am very proud of him though, he will often just sit down and start playing like you can see above, that was Anna's little birthday party and he decided to play. I hope he always enjoys it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, Jules, that's awesome! It's so great to get kids into learning things when they still think learning things is fun. You know? I can only imagine he will be great at it.
I have a feeling Van will prefer the drums. :)
Post a Comment