I love all these pictures of her for different reasons. I don't think we have any pictures of the boys fresh out and SCREAMING. It just makes me laugh to look at it. Something that I loved about Anna as a newborn is that she had rolls on her arms. She was my smallest baby but you can see in the pictures she has some rolls around her elbow area. She has some rolls on her thighs too and I think the boys did as well. Needless to say, her rolls are gone but she still has some baby fat- all four cheeks. :)
The second picture I love because she just looks so peaceful and perfect. That also was taken the day she was born, all swadled and angelic looking. I am sorry it is sideways. I actually took these pictures from my blog two years ago when she was born. Her sweet little eyes, cheeks and chin I just find adorable. I love the way her eyes still smile when she does. It's my favorite thing.
And here we are two years later. She is a ball of fire. I like this picture because she has her foot rolled which you can kind of see. I remember my mom saying to me as a kid that I used to do that a lot, and she has some pictures of me doing it. And I still find myself doing it sometimes. I also just like this picture because she is a cutie. :) I think that on each kid's birthday I always think about the day they were born. When I woke up this morning I was thinking I would have been at the hospital around that time, and around 10 I was thinking she would have been born. I go through the same motions with the boys too.
I am thankful that all of my kids have personalities. I enjoy watching the show Modern Family and I always comment that the little baby on there just sits there. She is about Anna's age. She never says anything, never smiles, never says boo. All of my kids are pretty outgoing. Anna lets you know what she wants and when she wants it. She LOVES to be outside. As soon as she gets up, she will bring you all of her shoes, and your shoes and say outside? outside? outside? She's happy digging, getting dirty and doing whatever. I have been a little nervous that she won't like and do the girly things. But I do have hope. She always likes to check out my jewelry, go through my pocketbook, poke at any buttons, and let you do her hair. Granted, the boys probably did too at two but I like to think it is because she is a girl. She has been playing with the babies a little more often too.
I always get a little sad around their birthday time because they are getting older. And I am a little sad because she is the baby and she is two. But I think I feel a little differently this time BECAUSE she is my last. When I had the boys, and they were two, there was another baby about to be born, or already brought home on the second birthday (we brought Van home on Adam's birthday). I sort of felt that I was always moving onto the next step, like when the boys were 15 months or so, it was time to get pregnant again. I was already knowing that they weren't the babies anymore. And when the next baby came, they automatically got older if you know what I mean. I almost feel like I can savor Anna longer. She's the youngest. She doesn't have to grow up and be older. She's two, she can totally be a two year old. And I'm kinda happy about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment