OK, so we all know that kids need dads. (Or maybe some people don't think that but I CERTAINLY do.) And most people would say that kids need dads for the obvious reasons: a masculine role model, guidance, etc. But I have been thinking about this for a while and you may not agree with me or find this amusing but I have come to the conclusion that in addition to the obvious reasons why the Furman children need their dad, there are yet some other reasons why they specifically need the dad they have:
1. songs
Chip makes up songs and sings them. Here's an example:
Anna Jane,
She's a pain
She goes pee pee on the potty
And sometimes she leaves a stain.
Adam laughed so hard he fell of his chair. For real.
2. Dances
This can range in anything to an Irish jig, a rap dance, just your everyday rock and roll dance. You name it, he does it, and the kids join in.
3.Playing songs on your stomach.
Just pull up your shirt and start something. Anything goes.
4. Any wrestling, punching, tickling, trapping and play biting. The kids always come back for more.
5. Donuts, chocolate milk, kielbasa, sausage, soda, etc.
Super bowl I pull out the bowl of grapes (Because SOMEONE has to) but this is what good old dad is known for.
6. Voices
Stories/songs/directions are given in some type of voice. This could be a pirate, a drunken Santa (they don't know that of course), Australian, English, whatever seems to fit the mood at the moment.
7. Anything to do with burps and farts.
I think this pretty much explains itself.
I am sure there are many more. And I am glad there is a balance. I don't do any of the above things with the kids (well, maybe an occasional donut) in an amusing way. But the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it. And that's why they need him. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment