Friday, July 27, 2012
Phase One and a half
This is one of this summer's project. I am calling it Phase one and a half because that is kinda where we are in the barn/rebuilding barn stage. Phase one was to knock down the barn that we did last year and build it back up. That is complete. You can see the barn on the left hand side of the bottom picture. This year we were going to tear down another section of the barn and build it back up to a hay shed. We won't have time for the building part this summer but we are tearing it down. So that's why it's one and a half. The first step was to clear the barn out. There is a LOT of stuff saved on the farm. And it just gets moved around basically but we did get rid of stuff and brought a load of scrap metal over so there is a little progress. I posted on facebook that I picked up something I thought was a tarp... and it was an old cow hide. Gross! Once everything was out, off came the roof. Our job was to take all the nails out of the metal roof. Then everything needs to taken away. This process has been taking a few days and it looks better already. They did cut up some for firewood but it takes so long, basically they are taking it to a field and will burn it. I'll post pictures when it's done. Chip starts work Monday and works Monday-Friday now so I'm not sure how much will get done. PS. See the cute little blond on the excavator? The boys are out all day working. :) And Anna and I ride around in the dump truck when she wakes up from her nap. And I also like the mail truck coming down the road in the 6th picture. I just noticed that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice!! I have decided that I love home improvements. It doesn't really matter what it is (although some are definitely more satisfying than others), but I just love working on something and seeing before and after pictures and that kind of thing. You have a lot of that going on lately! :)
Post a Comment