My goal was to do a new post every week, but it seems like I do a lot more than that. :) I think I am going to start doing some 'mom confessions' and this is going to be a two in one. And actually, I could probably do a post of 'mom confessions' each day but I won't. :) Adam is in the pretend stage lately. It is very cute, he has quite an imagination and I love to see his little ideas. So yesterday as I was making a homemade pizza for dinner, he was also cooking and setting the table. Setting the table means getting out every utensil and bowl and putting it on the table. So as I am cutting up tomatoes he brings me over a spoon to lick. And what do I do? I say, I can't right now, I'm making dinner. And then that got me thinking... why am I in such a hurry? I had a meeting that night but it wasn't until later, I TOTALLY had time to lick the spoon. So I really want to be more conscious of taking the time and enjoying the moment.
An hour or so later, we are upstairs tidying up my bedroom and Adam wants me to 'sit down in his big chair' which is my bed. Our house is 3 stories, our bedrooms are on the second, we have a gate on the top of the stairs that go down to the bottom level. Van went out our bedroom as I was sitting on the bed and I just thought he was going to his room. So I'm sitting in the 'big chair' and Adam is counting my teeth. (He went to the dentist for the first time a few weeks ago and had to 'sit in the big chair'). He counts them, he tells me to spit, he counts the top, I need to spit again. He shows me his fish (which I forgot were even in the office), he tells me what a good girl I am, how white my teeth are and gives me a tooth brush. Thinking of what a great mom I am to just have taken the time to entertain him, I go off to find the baby. No baby in his room. Where is baby? UPSTAIRS ON THE THIRD FLOOR. Way go to mom! Van is looking down at me from the top of the stairs, and then crawls as fast as he can over to this computer. But as of now, everyone is alive. Van is so going to be the kid (like my friend's brother) who is sitting on top of the roof saying, hey mom, look at me! This is just the beginning, I know. :)
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, Adam's imagination is adorable. I was thinking today, I am dying for Ben to SMILE at me... I can't wait until he can actually entertain himself and me at the same time!
I love your "Mommy Confessions" idea!
I love the mommy confessions idea!!
I am guilty of not taking the time to 'lick the spoon too'. Ironically, today I woke up and decided to have a day just for BP and that is what we did. I followed her lead all day and it was fun. We painted with watercolors, sponge painted, painted on the easel, played in the playroom, did puzzles, make cookies, had lunch together, read, watched animal planet, and then played some more. All of the other "mommy chores" did not get done and I only took time to feed BB and take care of her (luckily she was really good toaday). It was so worth it to see BP feel so special and even tell me she is special. I need to do this more. We all get caught up in the chaos and forget to lick the spoon!!!
Julie you hit the nail on the head today. I was just thinking I'm so busy running and doing things I'm not taking time to sit down and enjoy my kids...they're only this little once. I think our second babies are going to really test our mommy skills--Brynn seems to always get into something when I'm attending to Dyl...hope to see you guys soon
Post a Comment