Thursday, May 1, 2008

A few of my favorite things

I decided to blog today about a few of my favorite products from a mom's point of view. I think it will be interesting to read a few years down the road because I wonder what some of my mom's favorites would have been when we were growing up. I think the things I have picked are relatively new, at least I don't think we had them when I was growing up. They are in no particular order, just what came up first when I posted the pictures.

The first is 'WASHABLE' paints and markers. I personally love anything by Crayola. I think the quality of their products is very high. But I love the fact that they make paints and markers that are washable. They truly are and I have never had a problem with them. When we go to our library hour, the kids use those permanent markers that we used as kids that smell? Adam always has some on his nose from smelling them and his hands as well. I always cringe because I like to put something nice on him when he goes, but so far so good, nothing has made it onto the clothes.
This isn't the exact product I have but I have the older version. Before Adam was born, I registered for one like this but didn't get it, no big deal. But when Van came along, I wanted to get one. I just happened to see one in a consignment store for 5 dollars and thought, hey I was going to get one anyway, I hope it works. I brought it home, hooked it up and it is perfect. I even contacted Fisher Price and told them what model I had and they sent me out an owners manual, which was a good thing because I couldn't figure out how to get it on the crib.
Van knows when we put him in his crib and we turn that on, it's nap time or it's time for bed. I turn it on, leave the room and he is asleep. It is the best five bucks I have ever spent. And in the morning, he stands up and turns it on, we think it's a riot.


When I was doing a leave position at school last year and Chip had the boys for a few days while my mother in law was away, he discovered this song on Sesame Street that he really liked. He found it online and it was by Dan Zanes. He ordered the CD online. Since then, we have discovered that he has a five minute dance party or something on Playhouse Disney. And he is this really famous kids singer. We just love him and the kids do too. What I love about him, is that the songs aren't annoying. If you are familiar with kids Cd's and performers, a lot can be really obnoxious and high sing songy voices. This is actually fun to listen to.


These are Children's Place jeans that have the 'cinchers' in them as I would say. Inside they have buttons and this elastic strip that you can cinch your kids pants if they are too big in the waist. Having tall and skinny boys, this is the best thing ever invented!! And most stores carry this type of pant. I just got some jean shorts for Van at Target for like 7 bucks I think. But Children's Place jeans are always 2 for 22 and I love that price as well.



These are Robeez shoes. My sister in law bought a pair for Adam for Christmas when he was about 10 months old. Sort of piggy backing on the last post a little, I have read, and our doctor said, no shoes until they are walking. So both of the boys didn't wear shoes until they were walking and they only wore them outside. But these are the best thing ever! My kids had a tendency to kick their socks, slippers or those soft baby shoes off. But these babies don't come off. Adam wore out his first pair and we got a pair for Van this year too. You can throw them in the wash and they come in lots of colors and designs. I think they are a little pricey, about 28 bucks a pair. I think that's a lot for a pair of shoes a baby wears a few months. But there are knock off brands. I don't know if they stay on as well though.
And there you have it, a few of my favorite things.




No comments: