Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Sixth Anniversary to us!


This isn't one of my all time favorite photos but it is recent and we had such a wonderful time, I decided to use it.


So much has happened in the last six years, it seems crazy to me that we have been married that long, and together for eight. These have been the best six years of my life and I am so grateful for our marriage, I couldn't be happier.
I was thinking of posting six things that I love about our marriage and the more I thought about it the more I thought, oh that would fit under the 'dad' category, or that would fit under 'what I love specifically about Chip' category. So I decided to do the biggest one that means the most to me.
Respect- For me I think this is a big one that can get lost in the shuffle. I feel in a way that since I am home now, doing the mom and wife thing, I EASILY could have lost a lot of respect in a way. SO NOT THE CASE in our marriage, and I am so thankful for that. I have taken on the job of cleaner, cooker, child care manager and many many more. NEVER has Chip ever said to me ONCE, ummmm.... I have no clean underwear, what's the deal? This house looks like a tornado went through it. What are we having for dinner? Never ever. And I am sooo grateful for that. Those are my jobs. But sometimes if things away from me, he'll just throw in a load of laundry, or clean up a little. No questions asked, no snide comments. And I appreciate that so much. We are equal partners just as it should be. I hope we are as happy after forty six years as we are at six.

1 comment:

Beth said...

:)

I think that is a great picture, by the way!