I think there are several reasons for this special connection I feel with them. One, we were all on the same cross country and track teams all through college together. This meant that not only did we live with each other but we raced together, and went on overnight trips together during the weekend. We would get together during the summers and run together as well. We went to each other's parents houses when we were in college, were in each others weddings and go to each other's baby showers. We share in the good times and the bad. I can always count on my girlfriends if I need someone to talk to.
We also all have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Having friends that have the same beliefs that you do really makes a difference. We understand each others reasoning for things in a world that sometimes contradicts what we believe.
Girls weekend was very refreshing to me and I am so thankful for these women in my life. We had a wonderful time and I can't wait to get together again.
2 comments:
Here, here!
I had a great time as well, and I really am thankful for the friendship we have. I've heard people say, too, "Those friends will drift away," etc., and even though our lives are headed different directions now (kids, no kids, husbands with different jobs/responsibilities, our own careers/interests, etc.), we always have our bond.
Thanks for being one of my nearest and dearest!
Sounds like girls weekend was a lot of fun. But when is it not? Wish I could have been there. The wedding I went to was very different than any wedding I've ever been to. It was for a very close family friend, one I couldn't miss. You're definitely right about the X-C team friendship:)
Post a Comment