Thursday, August 14, 2008

The good..... and the not so good





Here are some pictures of our mini-vacation to the Philadelphia area. We have been planning this trip most of the summer and basically waited for the weather and other things to fall into place before picking the specific days we were going to go. Once girls weekend was finalized (and I am looking so forward to) we decided on this past week. The plan was to leave Tuesday morning and get to Sesame Place and spend the day. Since we wanted to go to a character breakfast and the only day available was Thursday, the plan was to go to an aquarium in Camden on Wednesday and then back to Sesame on Thursday, then home on Friday.

Well that plan sort of worked. We went on Sesame on Tuesday as planned and as you can see. The kids had a great time. They were able to meet Elmo, Big Bird, Oscar and Grover. I posted the pic of Elmo because it makes me laugh to see Adam actually having a conversation with Elmo. They are very good friends ya know. And the pic of Grover is just really cute with both of the boys. We were able to see the Elmo show, go on some rides and go into the water. We planned more for Thursday. Wednesday was the aquarium that was also very cool. A very nice large and clean place, just a little difficult to get to.

After we got back from the aquarium, Adam didn't feel so well. He didn't want to go on the playground at the hotel, didn't want to play, didn't' want to go into the pool. He just wanted to lie around, which is sooo not like him. After a while, I determine he has a fever and he starts to throw up. So at this point I have to decide, should I wait through the night and chance that he will be OK in the morning so we can go to the breakfast and park, or do I just leave and go home to the comfort of his own bed? And ultimately, that is what I decided to do. The hotel was AMAZING. They were so accommodating, refunding us money and getting my money back for the breakfast I booked which was near impossible with less than a 24 hour notice. I want to provide a link to their site in case you ever need a hotel by sesame but my Internet is acting up and I can't open another browser right now. But it is the Ramada Inn in Levittown, clean, great accommodations for families, wonderful place! And my parents were troopers helping out with Adam throwing up most of the way home. He seems better today but a little feverish this evening again. Poor little guy. Maybe next year we could try again.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, poor little Adam! I feel so bad for him. :( I'm so glad you at least got that one day in... and I'm SO glad for you that your parents were with you to help you deal with the ride home!

I hope he's feeling better. Poor, poor kid!

Sarah said...

Poor Adam! That had to be a long ride home for everyone. I'm glad the hotel was so helpful and understanding!

Poley said...

Isn't this a great age to take the kids to Sesame Place???? Looks like they had a great time (minus Adam's belly ache)--Poor guy