These are my latest knitting projects. Usually with each project, I like to do something different and challenge myself a little bit. This sweater that I did for Adam (and eventually Van) was that type of project. The pattern was by the same author that created that pattern that I made for Adam last year, Zoe Mellor. She has beautiful things and I really want to make almost everything in the book. When I saw this sweater, I knew it would be difficult but I wanted to do it. I started it in July and just finished it. It still needs to have the stray strands of yarn woven in (I hid them for the picture) but something I am notorious for is starting a new project before I do the 'finishing touches' on the one I am practically done with. I just hate doing it, I am ready to move on to the next project. But this sweater was sooo fun to do, not something you could just sit there and mindlessly do (which is why it takes me so long to do a project, I only knit when the boys sleep) but all the cables, twists and seed stitch made it a fun project. The back looks just like the front too with all the patterning. The bad news is that it is too big for Adam, that is why he isn't wearing it. When I made the sailboat sweater for him last year, it JUST fit him, and since I was making the same size in this sweater and it was by the same author I figured, well, I will just add an inch to the body and arms... and now it's too big. The woman at the knitting store told me because I used a bulkier yarn, it is bigger. But I would prefer bigger than to too small. He'll wear it to pre-k next year... with a clear plastic bag over him to protect it! Ha!
The other project I started is a baby blanket for the baby. Holy cow, I think this is the hardest thing I have done yet with all those holes (yarn overs). I was at the knitting store last week for about 3 hours, no joke. But see how much I have done already? That's a lot for me in one week (well, I knitted all day pretty much on Sunday when we had that big storm and I had no Internet, well, when the boys napped anyway, that gave me a lot of time of undivided knitting.) I am going to weave ribbon through the holes, the pattern is beautiful, and it has some embroidery, which I don't know if I am going to do or not, I have so many other projects I want to do now. Little booties are next on my list, so so cute!!
1 comment:
holy cow, julie - these are GORGEOUS! i may make more, but the quality & difficulty of what you're working on is impressive! what will the first project be with the eyelets? something little girl, i imagine :)
i try to check your blog occasionally, but please keep me updated on knitting stuff ... it's my weakness!
Post a Comment