This year's float I think was the best one yet. The theme was 'Be creative at your library.' Can you be any more general than that? So we thought and thought about it and we thought of the the story, The Little Engine That Could. On the front of the box I painted, I think I can, I think I can be creative at my library. I posted the first picture because it is a really good shot of the train head.
I can take no credit for the train or giraffes what-so-ever and almost feel bad when we have our name entered in the float and we didn't do the majority of the work. My friend Stacy is oh so creative and her husband made the train. They are keeping it at their house for a play set for their kids which I think they will love. I made the box out of plywood that we used for other floats so really it cost us overall very little. I think the bell on the train was the best part. I was supposed to be a jack in the box and throw out the candy to the kids on the street. The told us this year as we set up ready to go, no one is allowed to throw candy this year. We were bummed and the kids were REALLY bummed because they enjoy throwing it.
We had a great time as always. We got first place by the way. We said we weren't going to do it next year, with me working and three kids, even the box was a lot for me. But now we are on a float high since it was so much fun and we won. We'll see.
1 comment:
Congratulations, first place!! That's so cool!
Post a Comment