I am happy to report that I still have a job. Unfortunately for a lot of people, they lost their jobs on Friday. If you would like to read an article in a local newspaper, here is the link below:
http://www.sc-democrat.com/news/0003March/26/news.htm
Three administrators are being cut, 35 teachers (with an aditional 11 retiring) and 12 support staff as well as a school is closing. We lost 8 teachers in our building alone I think, about 20 elementary in the district. It has been very stressful for a lot of people at work and it is very sad knowing that great teachers are being lost, and the probability of them finding a job anywhere soon is slim. Next year will be a very interesting year since we will be getting students from another school, and losing students as well. I will keep you posted if anything changes. We still have a buget to pass and that may make even more things change.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I hope you are feeling a little relief! And I bet you are glad you went back when you did? So very stressful. :(
Post a Comment