So after a long five days of snowstorms, we had a pretty relaxing Sunday. We went to church, I came home and cleaned the house. Van and Anna took their naps and I was pretty tired too because for some reason, Anna took to waking up at 5:30. I thought that was going to be her new wake up time but as soon as I went back to work, it resumed to the 6:15-6:30 routine. Anyway, all was going well, I had just cleaned the house and was looking forward to some down time, I took a little rest on the couch when Anna and Van did too. Then we lost power. Everyone had woken up at that point and I changed Anna's diaper. I went upstairs to call my mom since our phone wasn't working downstairs because we didn't have power. Van asked if he could put the powder away after I changed Anna and I said yes. I took Anna upstairs and called my mom.
Well, I get downstairs after the phone call and you can see above what had happened. Apparently, the powder didn't make it back to it's designated location. I was peeved to say the least. I couldn't vacuum it because we didn't have powder and even so, it wouldn't have been the best choice because fine dust like that shouldn't enter the vacuum. I opened up all the windows in the house because it was in the air, and I didn't want everybody breathing it. But then everybody got cold. I shouldn't have run the water but I did just a little because I had to wipe it up somehow. My now clean house was no more and since it was Sunday around 4ish and we didn't have electric, it wasn't getting really clean again any time soon. The boys were just absolutely covered. I had to wash Van's eyelids. I think they learned their lesson. They went to bed without stories that night and a half hour earlier than normal.
2 comments:
WOW JULES! When I first saw the pictures I thought it was flour. My older brothers once got into a 5 lb bag of flour when my mom went in the basement to do laundry. If was a hot summer day and she heard them yelling, "It's Snowing!" She had a very difficult time cleaning it up as well, but I'm pretty sure she had power. Hope the rest of your week goes MUCH better!
Oh my goodness, Jules. What ...fantastic... timing for that to happen, when you didn't have power! Those boys are lucky they survived it, huh? Ha ha. :) I have a friend whose mom tells the story of the time she got into the powder -- puffing great clouds of it into the air with a look of such glee on her face. It is a nightmare to clean up, I am sure.
I love how in the pictures Adam is kind of hanging his head, and Van is like "LOOK WHAT WE DID!!!" Ha ha. Someday this will be an awesome story to remember... but I sure would have been mad at the time!! :) ESPECIALLY since you had just cleaned!
Post a Comment