For the last few years my mother in law has been buying daffodil bulbs and has planted them all along the hill. She likes to call it daffodil hill. :) They start at the bottom where it is clear, as you can see and pretty much go all the way up to the farm. She has planted some by Chip's stone house you can see above, and along the flagpole, etc. She ordered a bunch more and thinks she has planted over a thousand bulbs. I took this picture for her, and a bunch of others, and would like to put them in a frame. I think she would like that.
Last year Adam kept asking, when is the baby coming, when is the baby coming? And my mother-in-law would say, "When the daffodils bloom." This year I am having a hard time with the daffodils blooming.
Last year the daffodils came and went actually. :) You can see that this picture was taken on April 8, today is the 20th and they are still in bloom. We had that really hot streak last year for a couple of days, right around April 28 if I remember when I was due. And Anna decided to hold out until May 3rd.
I basically think I have been in denial about her birthday. It's just in a week or so, and I have refused to think about it until recently. I just thought about the fact that I am going to order her a cake from my very good friend that makes beautiful cakes. And our family just picked out the date that we are going to celebrate it. (The day before is my grandfather's 92nd and Anna shares the day with my dad so we have a busy few days). I also need to put in some thought of what I want to get her. But I am very reluctant to turn that calendar to May.
Here are some ways I am convincing myself she is still a baby:
-She keeps her hands in fists (I mean not always but you know when you're a baby and your hands are in the rested state and they are in fist form?) She still does that.
-She looks like a baby.
-She talks like a baby.
-She doesn't have many teeth.
-She doesn't have a lot of hair.
- Her legs are still a little bow-legged.
-She can't walk.
-She takes two naps.
-She sleeps in a crib.
-She doesn't wear shoes for the traditional purpose.
So now that I am done convincing myself, I hope I can enjoy the special day with my BABY daughter. I love her to pieces. She melts my heart. I will post some pictures of her big day in a few weeks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment