Sunday, September 18, 2011

Big Girl Bed



We decided it was time for Anna to get a real bed. I am not sure if it is was because the boys were in real beds at this time or what our reason was behind it. She has slept in beds before and can climb in and out of her crib. She wasn't too big for the crib either, but I guess it was time. The boys were in beds by around 2 because there was another baby that needed the crib (or would need one soon). With Anna she could have stayed in the crib until she went to college I guess, but here she is sitting in it.


I have had a baby in that crib for the past six and a half years. It has moved to different rooms, it has had different babies in it, blankets in it, stuffed animals in it, but still, six and a half years. I remember picking it out, going to stores far and wide looking for the perfect crib, pregnant with Adam. I remember playing hookie one day and painting the nursery with Chip. I remember when the men came to set it up and how beautiful it looked in the room. I always enjoyed hearing the kicks the kids would make that would rattle the one side too. They were moving around in their sleep and it was a little reminder of them up in their crib. We had a 'mobile' on the side of the crib too and that would go off in the middle of the night when a baby would roll into it by accident.


One reason we got this crib is because the back of the crib would turn into a headboard for a full bed eventually. You can see the headboard on the bed now. I can't get rid of the rest of it. It is too near and dear to me. So it will sit in my garage until I can part with it, or maybe use it for a grandchild some day. A dear friend told me once that life is about chapters. I guess this is an end to one of those chapters. But I bet the next one will be just as good.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sweet post, Jules. Anna looks like such a big girl in the pic! I keep thinking (about Matt), Ben was in the firetruck bed by now... but honestly, Matt's not really ready for it yet, and since there is no baby in line for the crib, he stays! He has actually slept in the Pack & Play a few nights recently, when we had people staying over. It reminds me of just how little he is. :( and :)

Anyway, the memories are so sweet, aren't they? Tiny little babies? I love the first time they pull up on the edge of the crib, the squatting up and down (because they can't really jump yet) when you walk in the room... such precious times. Sigh.