I know I want to post tomorrow but I decided I was going to do one today as well. Adam is adamant about the fact that he is NOT a helper, he is a worker! Daddy is a worker so of course he is as well. It is amazing to me though the amount of 'work' he actually does in his little almost 3 year old body. We are pretty much out at the barn everyday. We don't go on Tuesdays because we go to the gym that day and I can't get everyone fed, changed and out there and then back in the house and changed to be out of here by 9. And let me tell you, if I had him out there and we had to leave before the 'work' was done, he wouldn't be a happy camper. He has his own set of tools in the barn and he always has to 'help Papa' because Daddy is at work a lot. As I sweep the mangers and mats, he follows Papa along and scrapes the manure off the floor and mats. He also has his own little wheel barrow and he collects hay and manure and puts it in there. Today, he was scraping the manure from Papa's wheelbarrow. And as you can see, he has to feed the cows as well. If you were wondering (and I am sure you were) :), that cow above we had to kill because it was sick. He didn't watch it but he was with Daddy the entire time on the tractor gathering it and burying it. Not your typical three year old lifestyle huh? And Van is in his playpen that we have in the barn as well, you can see him looking at a calf. He is SO ready to be out and running with his brother though. In a few months. But I am so happy to bring the kids up here and I am so happy to have such a hard WORKER. :)
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is awesome and great for them to learn a work ethic at such a young age. The Barefoot Princess would love this and tell me all the time Mommy, I would like a cow a baby calf and a tractor! I would love for her to learn more about farm life. It is so good for them!!!
Post a Comment