Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Out of the mouths of babe
I have this really odd memory of when I was a child (isn't it funny the things you remember, really random ones?). Anyway, I remember sitting at the dinner table as my Dad was cutting up my meat and saying, I don't really want to be a mom. And he asked me why and I said, well, I'll never get to eat first, you always have to get the kids food on their plates first, and cut up their food and THEN you get to eat. Ha ha. :) How funny. But anyway, it got me thinking today because Van has started table food. Well, I shouldn't say started, pretty much only wants table food. Chip is convinced he is going to be our little football player (can you imagine, the child in the fifth percentile for weight?) Anyway, he just wants real food. And I remember going through this with Adam, when he was a baby and he ate out of the jars, you sort of knew how much he was eating. Now I sort of feel clueless. Like is a jar of food equal to 10 pieces of macaroni? Is that enough? The thing is, the first ingredient on the baby food jar is water, so you know the food is diluted. But what actually makes it into the mouth between what I fork feed him, what is on the floor, in the dog, in the high chair and on the mom, I am not really sure. But I'll keep watching him pick up a pea and examine it and see if it is worthy for the mouth, or the dog, and I am sure he'll be fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am cracking up. It is so true. Moms never eat first and they never finish a meal. It si sort of a diet, but we do not even realize it!!!
Post a Comment