Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


This is a picture from quite a while ago but I like it. My husband doesn't read my blog but I am still going to wish him a happy father's day on it. These are some things that I love about him as a dad:


1. There isn't anything he DOESN'T do. He bathes, reads, changes, sings, feeds, etc.
2. He solely potty trained Adam.
3. He puts Adam to bed every night, unless he is working. He has been doing this since Van has been born and I know he loves it. They spend quite a long time reading together.
4. He has them involved pretty much in whatever he is doing. They are outside now doing something, I think they are on the four wheeler, I just heard it start. But yesterday Adam was out there while he was putting hay bales away.
5. He has taken the responsibility for their haircuts and takes them to the barber with him.
6. He has gone to every well check up for both of the boys and adds comments when the doctor asks questions. And I know he secretly likes going too.
7. I think he secretly reads the parenting magazines.
8. He says things like, 'Oh, we used baby oil on the boys when they had cradle cap,' to my college girlfriends when they were here. That cracked me up! But he's very involved and doesn't miss a beat.
9. His favorite books to read are Curious George, Dr. Suess books, and Clifford books. He also loves the traditional nursery rhymes.
10. I love listening to him talk about the future like little league and frost valley trips and track, I know he will be there coaching and volunteering.
To my wonderful husband and stellar father of our children... thanks for doing such a good job!

No comments: