Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our 3D ultrasound











Today is a day I have been waiting for for a really long time... to have confirmation of the sex of our baby. We were told at week 18 that the tech was pretty sure it was a girl, but not certain. Well today, we are certain. They looked between her legs and I saw girl parts before the tech even told us for sure. So I am very excited, I can now do my scrapbooking, room prep and shopping that I have wanted to do. :)
This was a very fun experience. We went in and there was the machine like there always is next to the bed and then a TV on the floor, I asked if the TV was where we would see her and he said, yes, the TV and then the GIANT screen, bigger than any TV I have ever seen but not as big as a movie theater I guess in between that size, the entire length of the wall. So that was really cool, I didn't have to guess at what he was looking at.
The entire exam was in 3D/4D. I asked the difference and he said the 4D is seeing the baby actually move and the 3D is the pics like you see above. He printed out about 6 maybe of these photos and then put the rest (a total of 40 pictures) on a CD for us and then we have a DVD set to music as well, I haven't watched it yet but I think my parents are coming over tonight to see it.
He said at 25 weeks, it's tricky knowing if the baby will look skeletal or have filled out, but we were very fortunate, I think she is adorable, she has some meat on her face already and we have a ways to go... not that I have chubby babies or anything but it is cute to see that rounded face.
She was very cute during the exam, her arms were near her face a lot so it took a while to get a good look at her face but her hands were moving and we saw her knee and feet too, it was really really cute. She yawned a bunch of times too, it was adorable.
Adam was so excited when we came home and loves looking at the pictures. Yesterday as we were laying down for a nap I asked him if he wanted to feel the baby because she was moving like crazy and he loved it! We just kept laughing together it was a really special time, he asks to feel her a lot since then. Van is oblivious of course, we read the Big Brother book and he sometimes listens and points to the baby, I am sure he will catch on when she comes.
So that is our exciting news for the day. I was so happy to see our beautiful daughter. Oh, and if she doesn't look EXACTLY like her brothers, oh my! She has Van's chin which their cousin Joe has as well so I think it is a Furman trait, and I think her nose looks just like Adam and Van's. It's amazing that I have 15 weeks to go and all the things that are so clear to see already. I read last night that she is going to start growing hair this week. :) Very very fun times, we are very blessed.

4 comments:

Poley said...

Yay!!!! A playmate for Emily!! She does look so much like her big brothers it is amazing...i'll make sure to pass my girl stuff your way

Julie said...

I have a gift for you too, I just don't have a gift BAG! ha! This will be fun for our girls to grow up and play together. I am so excited to buy clothes, you have no idea! But I will take any sizes that might not fit Em and you want to throw my way

Alana Goldstein said...

Congratulations! Such wonderful news. You will have so MUCH FUN shopping and you will spend twice as much as you ever did on boys clothes, trust me. Lucky little girl tow have two big brothers. I am sure they will dote on her and protect her forever!

Beth said...

So exciting, Jules!