Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sugar and Spice

I am still pretty much obsessed with the ducks. this is a corduroy jumper and of course I had to get the little shirt.... so cute. I didn't get the sweater though so I deserve a couple points for that. :)


Just a shirt I liked, feminine I thought.

I got this coverall thing when I was pregnant with Adam. Again, to go with the whole shopping thing, I was picking up stuff here and there and I didn't even know what I has having yet! My mom and I hit consignment stores and I just LOVED this coverall. It was 2 dollars at Salvation Army and it is soo feminine. It is terry cloth and has a little hood. It will be PERFECT to bring Anna home in because the end of April can be cool and she can wear it over her clothes. LOVE IT!


When I was in the hospital with Van I brought booties with me that Keri lent me from her son Dylan. I loved that when the nurses would bring him to me, he would have the little booties on, it just made him look special to me, and the nurses commented on them too. I wanted to do that again, so these little booties are for Anna when she is in the hospital and the hat was also just too cute to pass up.



No explanation for this dress, just think its beautiful.





I have to admit, I think these pictures look better on this blog than they did on my camera! I had a hard time seeing the detail on the camera. But ANYway..... if you know me, I like to shop. When we got the 'I think it's a girl' at 18 weeks, I TRIED not to convince myself and allow myself to go crazy. Well, that only lasted until about a couple of weeks ago. My dear friend Erin and I went down to the outlets and I just couldn't help myself. I decided, anything I buy will have a 30 day return policy at the least, I never take the tags off of things until the kids are just about to wear them, if I have to return stuff I will. The deals I got were pretty amazing. And this morning my husband says to me, I think I am going to go and get a haircut, and I said, oh, I was thinking of going to Middletown. He said, as soon as you know it's a girl you want to go out and shop? Well, of course the answer to that is yes. But I decided to hold off for a few days anyway. My friend told me she was in Middletown yesterday and got like 3 coats, outfits, mattress pads, for 50 bucks in Kohl's. I remember a girls weekend, actually it was very similar to this one, FRIGID, we went shopping in CT and holy cow the deals we got. But we have family coming in for the weekend we never saw for Christmas so I don't think I am going.... maybe next week? :) I am so excited to shop for this little girl though. Sometimes when catalogs would come in the mail I would secretly look at them and pretend, if I had a girl, what would I put on her? And now I actually get to do that.

My friend was telling me last night that has a girl, that it just gets crazy with all the accessories and hair ribbons and shoes etc. I can sort of see that. A few weeks ago when I broke down and got some stuff in Penney's with my mom, and we went into H&M and they had this adorable plaid jumper. So my mom got the jumper and the shirt to match and then we saw these purple shoes that were obviously meant for the outfit, we were like, 'LOOK AT THE SHOES!!' so of course she got them too and the tights. And last night we found this dress in a magazine that was to die for and it had this eyelet slip underneath and a little eyelet sunhat to match of course. So I can see how having a boy and dressing him, is completely different from a girl. I have found myself though, not really going for the sickening pink look. I mean, pink is cute but some of this stuff.... holy cow... it is just like pink overload. I think you can be feminine but not attack of the pink. And if you can believe this... I have the bedding picked out. Oh, yeah, it has been in my favorites for the last month or so now. And guess what color it is? Blue. But again, it is really feminine, pink and blue but mostly blue little flowers. I just really like it. I will post it when I order it in the next few days to be sure. But I just wanted to post those little outfits, sooo cute!!!

3 comments:

Poley said...

Are you guys naming the baby Anna? That was one of the names we chose too!!!! Anna Cecilia was one of our top choices for Emily. It's near and dear to my heart because it's my grandmother's name AND Brynn's middle name. LOVE IT and LOVE the outfits!!!!

Alana Goldstein said...

AW! You are having so much fun already! You should check out darlybird.com and janieandjack.com and chasing fireflies for to die for girly stuff. Oh and I love Anna too. We thought about Anna Claire at one pont, but if we have another girl it will be Claire something...

Beth said...

I really like Anna too. :)

And I LOVE that you are already totally into the girly stuff, it is so cute. AND I love that you admitted fantasizing about the girl clothes in the kids' clothing catalogs. Too funny!

The little hat, the booties... awww! That's all I can say!

But probably my favorite is that you stayed true to the ducks. :)