Friday, March 20, 2009

Hand-me-downs

a cute little outfit from my dear friend Kate for next summer, hat and all








a beautiful dress from my friend Keri who basically supplied Anna with her entire newborn- month 3 wardrobe

a little capri set from Stacy- gotta love that purple!
I am very fortunate to have very generous friends. Knowing that I basically have a bunch of boy clothes, some of friends gave me some of their daughter's hand-me-downs. I have a confession to make. I pretty much love going into the baby closet and looking at all the clothes, and reorganizing them and putting them in size order, and then putting them in categories such as 'all the sleepers' together, etc. Well yesterday I started up again and then continued today. I started with one bin that had some hand me downs with my nieces things in them- she is 9 I think. So that stuff is pretty old but will be great for the barn, then I added some things from the boys that a girl could wear. Well, now I have several bins going- one that has 12-18 month summer, one that has 18-24 month winter, and then another that is just 24 months and up. The rest of the things are in her closet. I made a little basket of hats today, and one of socks, and one of blankets and burp cloths. It's just fun for me, I don't know why. But in a couple of weeks, I will get some baby laundry detergent and start washing a lot of things. I will update on my 'to-do' list too, I am doing pretty well. But I wanted to send a 'shout-out' to my g-friends, thanks so much for all of the things you have passed down. I love them and will be sure to use them!


1 comment:

Beth said...

I love every single outfit. So adorable! I can't wait to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl... sigh.