My sweet little Anna..... she is seven weeks old today. It makes me a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see what she is going to look like when she gets a little bigger. I can't wait to see what color hair she will have, and I love when the babies get the two bottom teeth. SO cute! And honestly, I can't wait for her to sleep a little longer... even though the email I read today said it was unrealistic for a 7 week old to sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time. And she sleeps for six or more so I really can't complain. But an eight hour night? That will be great!
I remember with Adam I kept thinking, it will get better when he can play with things, roll over, sit up, etc. I couldn't WAIT for him to get to the next stage of baby-dome. But I didn't feel that way with Van or with her really. It makes me sad that she is getting bigger. I read something once that said, 'why are we always sad when our kids grow? That is what kids are supposed to do... grow and be healthy.' But it is sad.
I have been watching bits and pieces of those shows on Discovery Health- I think it is baby week- the ones where 'I didn't know I was pregnant,' 'Bringing home baby' 'Giving birth in your home' or whatever they are. Not like REALLY watching them but just grabbing snippets here and there. And I think, I won't get her back like that again. She is never going to be seven pounds 3 ounces. She is already 'stretched out' kinda, not in like that little baby ball anymore. And don't even get me started on going back to work. If I think it is going by fast now, September is going to be a real awakening. I am trying to savor every minute now.
She is a joy though. She is smiling and cooing and LOVES her brothers. She always talks to Adam. And she is starting to look at her hands and tries to bop things. I need to get her baby toys out. My sweet little muffin- I love her.
1 comment:
I love the smiley pictures! So cute!
I know what you mean about rushing the baby stage. I think with Ben, I was in a hurry to get things moving along until about 6 or 7 weeks, it was just so miserable at first! And then (I probably started to get more sleep then) I was a little more content for him to do his own thing, to slow down. It's so hard not to want them to get to the next stage though - the rolling over, the sitting up... the TWO TEETH! :)
Post a Comment