Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Grandma got run over by a reindeer
















Every time I used to hear the song 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer' I used to cry when I was little. I didn't like the idea of my grandma getting run over by a reindeer. This year as always we had Grandma up for Christmas a my parents house. When we used to live in Greenville in Orange County Grandma always used to come and stay over night. I remember yelling one Christmas Eve night that I heard the reindeer on the roof. And one year we even had Christmas at Grandma's house because we lived with her a few months as our house in Sullivan County was being built. This year we went and got Grandma out of the assisting living home. She is 87, and she spent the day with us. She really enjoyed it and I was happy we got to spend it with her as always. I love the top picture of them with her.
My favorite memory of Christmas this year has to be at 3:30 am I woke up for some unknown reason, and I see two little boys at the top of the stairs holding hands ready to go down the stairs. I quickly wake up and yell, 'No guys! Not yet!' Not in a mean way, just because I was totally shocked upon seeing them and surprised that I woke up. Chip jumped out of bed and by the time he got their room, Adam had climbed in with Van on Van's bottom bed, both of them huddled together. How adorable is that? So he gently explained to them that it wasn't time to wake up yet and Adam reluctantly climbed back into his bed and we all got up around 6ish maybe? I can't remember. But Chip suggested we hook the gate after that episode which I agreed was a good idea.
Adam wanted a camera this year so that was his main gift and Van got a snow plow which you can see in the above picture and he LOVES that. What does a little 7 month old baby girl need? So she got a bunch of 'girly' sippy cups. And the cutest pairs of shoes from Uncle Joe and her grandparents as well. A girl can't have enough shoes. I am going to line them up to take a picture because they are just so darn cute.
But it was a fun day. We went to Christmas Eve service the night before and was longer than I expected, the kids got home and were tired, Anna especially since she usually goes to bed when it started. But they were all really well behaved. We had a wonderful few days of Christmas.

1 comment:

Erin A said...

As I saw that first picture I was thinking how great of a pic that was of your Grandma and the boys.