http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2008/12/best-of-2008-count-down-2.html
And today we decided to make the crayons. I got candy molds from AC Moore as the blog creator suggested and they were like a buck or so each. Then as you can see, Adam and I (Van wasn't interested) gathered all of our 'bits' of crayons and sorted them by color. Surprisingly, some of the bits were REALLY hard to get the wrappers off of. We put them in the foil cupcake wrappers as suggested. Some people said the paper ones didn't work so well but the foil worked just fine. We put them in the 220 degree oven (and the website didn't say for how long but I timed it and it was about 20 minutes.) I took them out, the foil was cool right away, and poured them into the molds. They didn't take that long to cool I didn't think. Maybe it was an hour but it didn't seem like it. And they came out wonderfully. I totally recommend this project and will probably do it again.
3 comments:
Oh wow, Jules, they came out great!
I love the pic of little Anna sitting in the background, doing her 'thing,' too. :)
My mom said the same thing too. I am starting to collect red and pink crayons and I think I want to do Valentine hear ones for Adam's class. We'll see how many I find first. It was SO easy.
Julie I have to try that! I have those same candy molds (who would have thought since my kid is obsessed with trains)--maybe I'll do that for Valentine's for Dylan's classmates!!!
Post a Comment