Sunday, January 31, 2010

Playing Farm



The farm set has come back to play in a big way in our house. That is a hay elevator that Adam made going into the barn you can see above. And he has the manure spreader backed up to the barn, just like we do at home, to collect the manure and spread it out over the corn fields. Last week one of our cows had been pregnant too long or something and gave birth to a still birth calf. The heifer was wild so my father in law couldn't get a hold of it to help it or something. This was the first thing I heard about when I got home that day. There was a dead calf in the drop and Papa took the calf out with the tractor bucket. You can be sure that scene was re-enacted here with the farm set. But such is farm life I guess. I like that they are playing with the farm set again and using their imaginations. I thought that hay elevator was pretty clever.

1 comment:

Poley said...

I just pulled the wooden Thomas stuff out again which Dylan all of a sudden had interest in again. He built an entire town which cracks me up! Where do they come up with this stuff? My son is VERY serious about his "town" so I can imagine how Adam is with his farm!