Sunday, January 31, 2010

Swimming lessons










We have put the boys in swimming lessons at the Lodge in Rock Hill after church on Sundays. I am very happy with the program. This is real instruction opposed to a program we have done in the past where you basically walk your child around the pool for a free swim half an hour. You can see in the one picture above, it is one instructor per like 3 kids. And I don't even have to go in the pool for this one! The pool is very warm as well, otherwise my kids would not have even attempted to go in. They walk right in so I am happy about that. Van of course is sort of a free spirit. Today he shimmied himself along the side of the pool to the other end and they had to sway him back. They put flotation devices on their backs and teach them how to swim properly. Adam can swim, but he does this side to side motion to keep him afloat. I want him to learn how to do it correctly. They enjoy going and I probably will put them in another semester.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice. I wish we had something good like this. We probably do, I just don't know about it. :)