Anna and her daddy have quite a thing going on. I love the last picture of the two of them. He plays with her like she is a little boy and she loves every minute of it. I have to say he doesn't treat her like a little girl at all and I don't think she even knows she is a little girl. She always grunts and growls, never a little dainty coo. And when she gets in her jumper, she goes insane. You can't walk by her without her trying to smash into you. She crawls after the boys and grabs their trucks and pushes them around. Chip calls her his little diesel mechanic because he is convinced that she is going to grow up and be one.
This morning when I go and get her out of her crib, she has a rubber football in her bed. I yell into Chip, 'Do you know that Anna has a football in her bed?' "Oh yeah", he said, "I put that in there with her last night when I put her to bed. She likes it."..... Huh? I think. It actually cracks me up to see them together. She gets SO excited when he comes home from work and she gets to see him. I am anxious to see how she is when she is older. I am going to keep dressing her in dresses and hope for the best. :)
4 comments:
I read your post and laughed out loud! Emily should have been a male. Seriously, she beats up Emily, HATES it when you put a dress on her (forget about tights that sends her over the edge), she'll play with trucks, cars, trains but could totally care less about dolls or girly toys. She grunts, spits, beats up on poor Brynnie and is into EVERYTHING!!!
I just told Stephen the other day, let's hope for the best and pray that by the time prom comes along she'll want to get dressed up like a pretty princess (hightly doubt it though)
Anna is adorable and she looks so much like Adam in the middle picture
Emily beats up on Brynnie (sorry I have a child hanging from my leg as I type this :))
Em and Anna will be good friends then! Or maybe they will pummel each other. :)
She does kind of look like Adam in the middle pic, I think!
I love the daddy/daughter stuff. I sort of wish we had a girl... but I can't let myself go there. :) I love how Chip has her leg like up by her face. Babies are so flexible.
My mom loves to tell the story about how after my brother was born, my dad reallllly wanted another boy. He wanted to go fishing with two boys, play sports with two boys, etc. And then of course I came out a girl... and she said he told her that he never knew how much he wanted a girl till he held me. And wouldn't you know it, he and I went fishing together, played softball together, etc. I bet someday you will love remembering Chip giving her the football. Cute. :)
Post a Comment