So last night my Direct TV was out. I tried all the things, unplug everything, wait the 30 seconds (and I actually count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) plugged everything back in, and nothing. And since my dear husband was working, and I didn't feel like calling Direct TV, especially since nothing was REALLY on that I wanted to see, I decided to watch some home movies of Adam when he was Van's age. I wanted to compare the two. I guess as parents, we aren't supposed to 'compare' our children but honestly, I do it all the time. And here are some things I noticed:
1. There always seems to be a radio on in the background which is odd to me because I don't really think I have the radio on that much.
2. If I am not recording, I seem to be in the kitchen, putting away dishes or cleaning up after some meal, which is another thing I don't think I am 'always' doing.
3. For some miraculous reason, my house seems neater NOW than 2 years ago. I think things have a 'place' more now than they did. Then, Adam's toys were in a pile in the living room, now they are in seat benches, thank God!
4. Most of Adam's toys were baby toys and I guess since he was the first born, that makes sense. I have put all of them away pretty much and Van plays with the things his brother does, tractors, trucks, barn sets, not like rattles and things Adam had.
5. Van seems to smile a little more, Adam is more serious.
6. Adam walked later but seems to be jumping in the videos. Van isn't there yet.
7. Van has long outgrown the clothes Adam was wearing which seems bizarre to me since I think he weighs less.
8. Van has a protruding belly which Adam didn't have.
9. We video the same thing over and over again, Adam on a push toy, Adam riding his tractor, Adam with a push toy, Adam eating, Adam on his tractor. That was pretty much one DVD.
10. Neither of them are really saying too much which was what I was really looking for. I sort of remember Adam didn't say very much but I wanted to see on video. Van is too interested in climbing, trying to run, and getting in and out of things. I think Adam was the same way.
1 comment:
Your little Adam is such a good boy. It's so cute to see him in pictures when he was littler, because I have seen him so recently.
Aww. I can't wait for Ben to grow up and I already don't want him to, at the same time. Sigh. :)
Post a Comment