Sunday, December 7, 2008

Advent Calendar

Sorry about the lack of blogging. I haven't been taking too many pictures lately, and we haven't been too busy. My plan was to go to this winter wonderland last night and I was going to take a bunch of pics of the boys and post about our experience. But a friend told me that it wasn't worth the hour and a half drive, and it was supposed to snow anyway. Most of you know that we are going on a cruise on Friday. I will be sure to post that. But I am really bummed that I have no pics of the boys and Santa Claus. Van has his little social schedule when we are gone and has plans to see Santa at least three times. I packed all his Christmas outfits today for my mother in law. I doubt I will post pics of him though because I have people taking them for me. I am REALLY REALLY hoping that Santa will be on the cruise ship and Adam can chat it up with him.

Anyway, I want to share with you about this advent calendar. We always had an advent calendar growing up, it was paper and you would open a little door and there would be a picture. I remember my brother and I taking turns every other day opening the little window. Well, my mom got this Advent calendar for the boys a few years back and I LOVE it. Here is the website below if you are interested:

www.constplay.com

And they have lots of cool toys too, I did a lot of ordering for the boys last year for Christmas out of the magazine, I LOVE the playdough thing they have too.

Anyway, I really like how this Advent calendar shows the true meaning of Christmas, and you can use it from year to year. Every day you open a little box and there is something magnetic that you stick to the scene, whether it be a star or a sheep or whatever, and then on Christmas, it's baby Jesus. It's good quality and Adam loved doing it last year.

With that said... we aren't doing it this year!! Two reasons we aren't going to do it: number one, we are gone 10 out of the 25 days and I don't' really want to come back and throw 10 magnets on there, and I like the idea of Adam knowing what day of the month it is too. And the other reason is we are going to do our family Christmas the day afterwards and that will throw things off as well. Chip has to work Christmas day and I really want him to be home when Santa came the night before. So we will go to my parents on Christmas day, may say something like we forgot to put the cookies out or something and put them out Christmas night, and we will have the boys' presents under the tree the next day. They really won't know the difference.


But, if you are in the market for an Advent calendar, this is really one worth looking at.

No comments: