Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas















Here are just some fun pictures of Christmas. I love the one above of Adam looking at the Christmas tree- with Elmo of course. If you notice, it is still dark outside. Chip actually woke the boys up. He had to work that morning at 7:00 am and since he has switched barracks, and is working out of a smaller one, he can bring the car home. He brought it home Christmas Eve and then just got dressed in the morning and 'called in' that he was working, but still needed to be ready in case he did have to leave. He woke the boys up at 6:30 so in case he had to leave, at least we had a little time before he was really 'on'. But anyway, it all worked out.
I also love the pic of the boys by the tree. They look so big unfortunately but I think they are just adorable. We did Christmas at our house in the morning and then were at my mom's by 10:00 am. My in laws go there as well so it really works out perfectly.
I was writing on facebook, if you ever want a truck that doesn't have the million things that tie it down into the box, look at Bruder trucks. They are made in Germany, I got them off of Amazon and I thought a few days before, if I want them under the tree just sitting there, I better get them out of the box NOW knowing how long it would take. But, they just slipped right out. Everything else pretty much needed a screwdriver or scissors or something but not these babies. I kinda found that Van would open the present, get excited and then realize, it is going to take mom 10 minutes to actually get to it!
We had a wonderful day though. And next year, we'll have another one opening!

No comments: