Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cookies for Santa





I guess I uploaded the pictures in reverse order! Oh well. This is going to be a two fold post, one about the things Adam and Van left for Santa and then just Christmas food in general. The above picture show the things they decided to leave. My snack cabinet has gotten a little out of control. I decided to clean it out and in the process, wanted to get rid of all these Halloween popcorn balls from the Halloween party. They were sitting on my counter and when Adam saw them, he decided Santa wanted one. Also, he said that Santa had a lot of reindeer so he needed a lot of carrots. I thought it was pretty cute. Chip wrote a letter to the boys from Santa that morning.

Do you have any foods that just seem to be associated with Christmas? I do. As long as I can remember we used to have breads and fruit cup growing up Christmas morning. My mom made a lot of breads, cranberry, banana, date and nut, zucchini, and fruit cake to name a few. I made the zucchini, cranberry and banana now because that is what I like to eat. And before Christmas dinner we also have fruit cup, that consists of fresh grapefruit, oranges. bananas and grapes, and then canned peaches, pineapple, and apricots. I realized that I really enjoy it and look forward to bringing some home after Christmas to have with my breakfast each morning. I just ate the last of it last night. Some other foods that mean 'Christmas' to me are fudge, and balsamic pearl onions. The onions are a recent side dish from Martha Stewart, maybe the last ten years or so and then fudge ever since I can remember. It is funny to me though when you talk to people what their favorite holiday food is. I think it has to do with how you brought up and what your memories are.

No comments: