
On Saturday we went to NYC to see Dan Zanes and friends. I think I had mentioned in a post a long time ago, we are big fans of him. Ever since Chip heard a song on Sesame Street that he sang, we were hooked. Chip's sister lives in Manhattan and when she saw that they were coming to New Victory Theater, she knew we would want to go. We bought tickets the end of the summer and went on our way.
First let me say that I have realized that I am not a city girl. I like the idea of the city, I like what the city has to offer, but whenever I get down there, I think, let's do what we need to do and get back to the fresh air. I like my space and peace and quiet here in the Catskills I have come to realize.
We took the train out of Poughkeepsie and went into Grand Central Station. When we got off, we scoped where we needed to go which was right down the road, it was perfect!
It really was a very nice day. Let me tell you that I LOVE the New Victory Theater. If you ever want to bring kids to a show, I HIGHLY recommend this place. It is either very new or just renovated. And I want to say just newly renovated, I was reading something in the book about it being a XXX theater a few decades back. Ha! But now it is just for kids. It is a very small theater, smaller than our Tri-Valley School theater if you are familiar with that, and smaller than Sullivan County Community College theater as well. The seats are new, they gave us boosters for the kids, downstairs there was a snack area for kids with juice boxes and fruit snacks and the bathrooms had little step stools for the kids. LOVED IT! I told my sister in law today, I want to make it a point to go at least once a year since the theater is just for the kids and it is so easy to get to.
It was our cultural experience for the day that is for sure. It was a Holiday Dance Party but they sang Hanukkah songs in Spanish, sang Spanish Christmas songs, sang 2 Christmas songs, Korean Songs, Arabic songs (which were our favorite honestly) and some others as well. It was a very good concert. Dan Zanes came down the aisles to dance with the kids but Adam was a little freaked out, I think it was the hair. And Van fell asleep for the last part of it. Poor little friend. But it was a great day, Van's first trip to the city, and I hope to go again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment