Last Thursday we went to visit my good friend Beth and her son in Binghamton. We went to the Discovery Center which is their children's museum. Here is their website if you are interested:
To be honest, I really don't think the website does the place any justice. I have been to three Children's museums- the one in Poughkeepsie, one and New Jersey and this one. This one is my favorite by far! Everything seemed so... new to me I guess. The exhibits just didn't seem old, they seemed up kept and modern. The other two need a little life brought back into them compared to this place. And it was really really clean. As I mentioned above, I think my favorite was the grocery store. You can sort of see how all the food is on the shelves for the kids, they had shopping carts, a whole register system, the bottle return and an ATM, it was really cute. They also have this really big tree house/ run-around-maze-thing that the kids really liked. Also they had some big area set up where you could ride bikes and little ride around vehicles, but they closed off that area just as we were going to go into it for some group or something. It is in the same parking lot as the Binghamton Zoo as well. I totally want to go back when it gets warmer. The kids had a blast and it helps to have a good friend to visit too. :)
2 comments:
It was so fun to see you and your boys, Jules! I can't believe I didn't bring my camera. :( I think my favorite was the grocery store, too, and it was pretty obviously Ben's favorite! We should definitely go back sometime and hit up the zoo before or after the Discovery Center.
I agree; the website doesn't do it justice. I wasn't sure how good it was going to be! I was impressed with how well-kept it was, too. Clean and ...tidy, I guess? Things put away, you know? Definitely worth doing again. I should look into membership, it may be cheaper in the long run.
I LOVE this place. I went when I was little. It is not far from my parents farm in PA. Thanks for reminding me that we have to take the girls there. We took BP a long time ago, but we definitely need to go back. We should plan a trip for when the weather is warmer. The zoo next door is just as cute and then there is also a carousel that you can ride for free. Did you see the Jan Brett exhibit? is that still there? I am so excited to go back.. Thanks again for posting about this!
Post a Comment