Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Van!











I decided to post today because with the busy weekend, I don't know when I will have time to post again. This is what happens with your boys' birthdays are 3 days apart! Tomorrow is Van's real birthday- his dad comes home from being away for the week (basically the last 3 weeks), I have a Dr.'s appointment, and we have family coming over. The next day is the big kid bash, and the day after that we are doing a birthday party with the family for Adam. So, I want to get this post done while I can!
The above pictures are some of my favorite pictures of Van throughout the year. I just loved his bleach blond hair this summer and hope it comes back, he has lost most of it. My baby is two years old. Usually I get upset around this time of year but this year I am not really that upset about it. I have been referring to the boys as 2 and 4 for a little while now. I will talk more about Adam in the next few days, I really want to focus on Van for this post. I think I still treat Van as a baby. Actually I think most of my family members do. We call him baby actually. My sister in law said this past week, you know he isn't a baby anymore right? But I still think of him as a baby, until the baby comes probably.
If you haven't been able to tell, I absolutely adore this boy. I have since the day he was born. He had such an easy going personality, and now I just think he is a riot. A lot of times when family members talk about him, they just let out a little chuckle afterwards. He is a very funny child. I think it is because he thinks he is a big deal. He thinks he can do whatever his brother does and usually tries. For example, as I am posting this, he has asked me for scissors and wants to cut scrap paper. I don't think Adam even held scissors in his hands at two, but since Van has seen Adam do it, he wants to do it as well. And he is cutting away actually.
I have enjoyed every minute of the last two years with this little boy, and I think he has a little bit of attachment to me as well. He loves Daddy and Mama and Papa too, he always asks for them. But if I disappear for a little while (for example to finish this post) he will come and find me. If I try to put a quick show on, just so I can take a shower, that only lasts for a few minutes and who comes and peeks in the shower curtain but Van. He cracks me up and I just love him to death. My sweet sweet precious boy.







1 comment:

Beth said...

Awww, happy birthday to your sweet little boy. :) I love the bleach-blonde hair too, so cute! Have a great weekend of celebrating!