Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine's Day

I was going to post next week because I intend on making some cookies with the boys and doing some holiday projects but it turns out, we have already started. I get the magazine Family Fun, I don't really like it, I don't think I am going to re-subscribe because I think it is a little beyond us at this point, it is mostly activities and crafts to make with your school aged child. But in this month's issue, they had this valentine 'favor' I guess. I thought it was really cute but then I thought, man, that could get pricey if you had to make 20 for a class. It is a little car made out of a small box of those conversation hearts, with recess pieces on the side for the wheels, and then the miniatures on the top and front for the grill and top I guess. When we went to Child's Play Tuesday, the boys got some little 'favors' from the teacher and she said we can exchange in a few weeks because next week is Open house. Since there are only 8 kids in the program, I thought I would make these. And, when I got the boxes yesterday, they were only a quarter so it's really not that pricey anyway. I think the boys will enjoy handing them out. I stuck the stuff on there with double stick tape and it worked wonderfully.


These crafts are from my favorite website, no time for flashcards of course! She has a bunch of Valentines things on there. The boys painted the hearts yesterday, the big one and then there are small ones for the hands as well. Today, they cut and glued the rest together. Adam did all the cutting on his own, I am very impressed with his cutting skills. Van LOVES to paint, he did a pretty good job as you can see and I love the 'mouth' he drew on his. Adam also decided to show the football we made in the beginning of the week. That was like a 3 day project, paint the football, let it dry, glue the 'stripes?' I don't know what you call them but we used Elmer's glue so we had to wait for that to dry. And then stuff and staple. They really love doing crafts though. And with that website, it is so easy.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I have that website bookmarked from awhile ago when you referenced it in your blog... I always think, Ben? Painting? No, he can't do that yet, can he? But I swear her son was painting at like 15 months, no? Anyway, such cute ideas, Jules! I thought the box of conversation hearts was a 2-pack of Reese's, at first. But then it wouldn't be so Valentine-y!

Cute crafts, Jules! (Cute kids, too!)