

I have been knitting a lot lately. The problem I have with knitting is... I HATE to finish a project. I like working on it but the actual finishing part I don't like to do. The weaving in of the edges and the piecing it together part is really very boring. So, the first thing I have there is a bootie. It is pretty much finished. It was really really fast but sort of came out big. The only thing I need to do is put a button on it. I finished the other bootie.... but don't have it put together yet. I keep telling myself, 'Julie, you aren't allowed to work on your other project yet until you weave that bootie together.' But I still do.
The second thing I am working on is a sweater. I have the back done already and I am working on the front which you can see posted. I bought that yarn after my Dr appointment on Friday... and have the back done and that much of the front. For me, this is really really fast. I think it is because it is really really easy and I can work in it while the boys play, if I have to stop mid row, it's not a big deal where when I was doing the blanket or even those booties, I can only knit at night when they sleep. When I bought the yarn the ladies were like, 'BLUE?!?!' You have been doing so much blue in the last few years don't you want.... pink or purple? For some reason I just didn't. So the sweater will be blue with the white flowers and then I am doing the hat white with blue flowers. I have never done the edging.... a picot edge it is called. But I think I can figure it out. Hopefully they will turn out as gloriously as the pictures. :)
1 comment:
Jules, you are this fantastic knitter - who taught you to knit?! I remember way back when you were knitting I think a sweater for yourself? Hmm... you were taking these knitting classes, and it inspired me and I signed up for a knitting class at the public library - and the day I went it was "Girl Scout Day" and the place was overrun with 8 year old girls learning to knit a dish cloth. Sigh.
I get what you mean about the finishing. I know when I make a quilt, it is this huge project, all the cutting and piecing and sewing together and putting the backing on and THEN, when it's basically done, THEN you get to quilt it. That really is my favorite part, but it takes so long to get there!
Anna will be so well-dressed. :)
Post a Comment