Here are some things I have been thinking about lately, that really have nothing to do with anything but I am sort of bored right now so I am going to blog. :)
I asked my OB a few weeks ago, why can my father in law look at a cow and just by the 'bags' and the 'birthing end' if you will, be able to tell that the cow is going to give birth within the next day or so and we can't do this with humans. My father in law doesn't 'check' the cow by any examination, we just ride by in the truck in August and he'll say, that one will have a calf tomorrow. Our OBs with all the medical training tell me it's one of the mysteries of the world when a woman will go into labor. I don't understand this. My OB told me when I told him about the cow that cows are a little more predictable than human beings. Humans can go two weeks early or two weeks late. And even though they 'check down below' every week, it still gives them no indication of when you will go into labor. I am finding this annoying this time around.
Today my mother in law took Adam to Home Depot in his playclothes. I said, look at the holes in your knees! He pulled up his pant legs and said, I don't have holes in my knees mommy. I guess I should have specified the pants. :)
I often will read in Parenting magazines or hear on shows or whatnot the jobs of a mother. And almost always, they refer to the moms bringing the kids to school or picking them up. Am I missing something or do people not use buses anymore? I mean I know if you don't go to public school or go to a day care or something, you are bringing your kid there, but public school? Why are these moms bringing and picking their kids up, whether the moms work or not? I'll read some pretend plan for the mom's day and it is always like, get kids up and ready for school, drop them off at school, pick up dry cleaning, have a meeting, bring Jonny to tuba practice or whatever. I just don't get the school thing.
Do you think we take like a bizzilion more pictures of our kids than our parents did? Why is that? I think my parents did a good job on taking pictures of me. Like for my seventh birthday there will be a picture or two. But of my kids birthdays I have like 47. No exaggeration. Do you think it is because we have digital cameras? I would almost think it would be the other way around, like you can SEE what pictures you are going to get when you print them out, choose the best one and keep that one, you don't need ALL of them. But it seems to me that most people I know have TONS and TONS of pictures of their kids. I scrapbook and I try to limit everything I use, but I still think I use a lot. I just did a page of the kids playing in the snow- 7 pictures. My mom may have one of me and my brother and a snowman, but one, and probably not one EVERY year. I did a double page spread of them sledding, a page of the one snowman with the 7 pictures and then I have another page to do yet of them at my mom's playing in the snow. If I don't scrap them or do anything with them, I can't just throw them out right? And like I said, I try to use most pics but usually there are a few I don't use, so they just go into a plain old album. I bought one a month or so ago, it holds 200 pics. I almost have 100 in there I bet that I didn't scrap from August-December. I mean I can go through all the events though- Sesame place, apple picking, Halloween, pumpkin party, Halloween party, cruise, Christmas, and that doesn't count just random shots you take. I don't feel like I go way overboard. I don't bring my camera to every birthday party we go to or every event we do like my one friend. She said she has 200 pics alone of the baby in the hospital when it was born. I bet we will have maybe 20 tops? And again of me as a baby in the hospital my parents may have 3? So I don't know what the answer is there but it's something I think about.
And those are my thoughts for today.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment