Sorry for the lack of blogging. I have been a little busy. :) And my Internet was down for a few days as well, AND my blogger account wasn't working, I couldn't post any pictures. And I KNOW you would want to see pictures. :)
Anna Jane was born May 3rd at 9:48 am weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces and 21.5 inches long. She was born on my dad's birthday as well. I was going to be induced Monday morning but Saturday night, I woke up at 2:30 with mild contractions, 10 minutes apart for an hour. The Dr told me if that happened, to call and come in. So I did. We got there about 5 am or so, I was about 3 cm dilated at that point and they broke my water. After the contractions started up some more, I got the epidural at maybe about 7:30 or so, continued to dilate, pushed 2 and half times and here she is at 9:48 am. The labor and delivery nurse said to me if she could have more labors like that, she would never retire. It really was an awesome labor and delivery, no complaints really. I mean it is STILL labor but as far as labors go, that was the way to do it.
She is proving to be a pretty good baby. She is my best nurser yet, she eats and doesn't mess around. The second night home I had to wake her up to feed her and then we went to the Dr the next day. He told me not to wake her up at night, to make her eat every 2 hours during the day (which is basically all I do all day long) and then let her go at night. So our schedule at this point is she pretty much has her last feeding at about 9:30 at night and then will go from anywhere between 2-4 am and then we get up at around 6ish and start the every two hour feedings. It is great because I know when to feed her. I can't stray too far from home because I don't bring her out yet either until she is 8 weeks, but at least I know when she needs to eat, it isn't a guessing game. We go to the Dr tomorrow for a weigh in, but I am sure she is back up to birth weight, she feels heavier and everyone says they can tell her face is getting fuller. Her second chin is growing nicely. :)
All and all, things are good. Three young children are definitely overwhelming, I was telling Chip, they outnumber us now! But we couldn't be happier, we have three great kids!
2 comments:
Awesome, Jules!! Sounds like all is going well. I got the birth announcement today - I LOVE that picture of her! What a lovely little lady. :-)
I wanted to say, in the naked screaming baby picture I think she looks like Van. :) She is beautiful.
Post a Comment