Friday, April 3, 2009

36 week ultrasound

Look at those giant lips!!!!! We can thank Daddy for those!



This is a picture of the baby looking straight at you, a vertical shot. Her mouth was open a lot during this ultrasound and she even stuck her tongue out.




OK, here is what happened today. I went for my weekly appointment... and I have gained no weight in the last month! I don't know what is going on, I eat ice cream every night there isn't much I can do about it. Also, I measured small today and I usually measure right on. So the Dr sent me down to get an ultrasound right then and there. The room was full but they took me in anyway and I had stupid Ashley that I had that did the ultrasound the first time and wouldn't tell me what the baby was. She asked if I had any questions and I said, I would like to know about how much she weighs and she said, oh, I can't tell you that. They have told me that before, how much the baby weighs and the Dr said that they would find that out. So I didn't say a word for the rest of the exam. She did the exam in like ten minutes, showed me her face on the screen which like filled up the entire screen, and actually gave me some pictures. This is my favorite one though. When I got home the Dr had called- my fluid is good, the baby is a little under 6 pounds which is good and I have no worries he said. She is head down also and I am a fingertip dilated. So my bet is that she comes a week early or so, just like the boys. We'll see what the Dr says next week.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Can't believe you got Ashley again! I'm glad everything is good, you look GREAT! I love your shirt in the pic below too:)

Beth said...

Woo hoo that she has turned! Yay! I think 'fingertip' is between 1 and 1.5 cm, I just remember them saying "Still just a fingertip!" when I was in labor with Ben, and at that point, it was not happy news... Ha!

We had the joy of an ultrasound tech in training today. The ultrasound was an HOUR. She poked around forever and ever, and then an experienced tech came in to check her work and flew around and took a bazillion more pictures in like 5 minutes. I didn't mind, though, it was fun to see him so much.

Oh, and *he* is very definitely a *he* ... we saw some pretty clear pictures several times! The tech even said, "Well he's certainly not shy!" Ha!

Poley said...

Oh I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. She was horrible during my pregnancy with Emily. She actually asked me what I wanted, a boy or girl. I told her it didn't matter because we weren't finding out and she almost told me. I was livid! Anyway I'm glad everything is right on track and hope your little princess arrives soon! (did you ask Zedek about delivering in Horton????)