The Christmas right before Adam turned two, we got him wooden building blocks. This was going to be his main gift that year, and a big wooden barn. I searched high and low for wooden building blocks, they have some in magazines where you order individual blocks in certain sizes, but it can get a little pricey. I knew this was something though that would be played with by all of our children and for a long time so I wanted a good set. I found one in a little children's store made by Melissa and Doug. I almost bought two sets thinking that one wouldn't be enough but the owner told me that it would be. The boys seem to be just fine with the one set.
The past few weeks, the boys have JUST started playing with them. Mostly Adam but he is building building building. Van likes to stack those cylinder ones you can see in the picture above. I like watching them play together with simple things. Today they made a really long fence Adam told me. I remember having a block set when I was younger and I am glad to see the boys like to play with basic toys.
1 comment:
I remember playing with a set of wooden blocks exactly like that. I remember the cylinder ones, too! :) I love the classic, basic toys. And honestly, I have a 'thing' for wooden toys, too. Ben got a wooden train with removable shape pieces, and I was telling Josh how I like it, and he said, "Of course you do, it's wooden!" Ha ha.
Post a Comment