Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The to-do list at 36 weeks





I wanted to post the other picture of me wearing the same shirt like I did last time but I can't find it. I think I am almost SMALLER than I was in last post! Or maybe it is just the shirt. Anyway, I am 36 weeks and have 28 days to go. This baby could come tomorrow and I would be ready. I have gotten SO much done in the last few days. Here are some stats on the baby:
-I think she will be awake every night from like 7:30-11:00ish and that will be fine with me. She takes some naps in there sometimes but if she could have an awake period and then sleep at night, that would be TOTALLY awesome.
-She gets hiccups everyday, just like the boys did.
-She has yet to kick me as hard as the boys did. They would take my breath away and hurt sometimes, she doesn't do that.
-The baby email that I get weekly said that she is about 6 pounds now and is gaining an ounce a day. I am sure the ice cream covered in chocolate sauce, M&Ms and bananas each night probably helps.
Here is where we are with the list:
To-do:
-check the batteries for the swings and seats, etc. I haven't done that yet.
-set up the bassinet. I may do that in a few minutes. The bedding is in the dryer, I just need to set it up.
-my bag is sort of packed. I have my clothes and the baby's clothes and the printer and paper for the camera in there as well as my toiletries, I am sort of drawing a blank this time for whatever reason. I will look and see what else I need.
-I have read over half of the Babywise that I wanted to re-read and I feel good about that. The only reason I re-read it the other night is because I left my knitting at my parents by mistake. Now that I have my knitting back, I would rather do that than read.
-set up the changing table. Chip brought that down yesterday for me and I want to wash it and put all the supplies on it that I need.
-get out the car seat and wash it. It is in a garbage bag and I remember washing it before I put it away so we will see how it is. I need to adjust the straps on it for sure though.
Done:
- set up savings account
-finished the baby blanket you can see above. I am working on booties now and have one done.
-painted her room. Adam is in a pink room and will be in one until the bunk beds come the end of May. That's OK though. The baby will be in our room until September anyway.
-washed a bunch of her clothes and bedding and blankets and burp cloths, etc.
-got a 12x12 scrapbook and that is set up ready to go with the pages I made
-ordered and got the letters of her name, you can see above. I found this woman on ebay that my friend recommended and you can send this lady a link to your bedding and she will paint the letters to match. I like the way they came out.
-painted room
-got a bouncy seat but need to assemble it
-got BPA free bottles
-I registered for the hospital and called and made sure they got it as well. With Van they never had the paperwork when I called and checked so I went down there and did it in person. This time, I am good to go.
And that is pretty much it. I can't believe she will be here so soon, not that I am itching to get her out though. One sort of stressful thing is that I found out Chip is going to be on firearms duty again. Not at Albany this time but he will be past the hospital. This isn't really a major thing but it sort of makes me nervous. When he is at the barracks, I can call there and he will get the call immediately. This time, I need to rely on the cell phone (which was fine when he was in Albany) but there is no station number I can call. But my mother in law will need to bring me to the hospital again like she did with Van and Chip will meet me there since it wouldn't make sense for him to pass the hospital over an hour a way, come and get me and then go back down. But if I labor during the night or on the weekend, he will be around anyway. We will see. Friday we see if she has turned yet too. They weren't sure last time. But I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone. It sort of makes me a little sad. Adam is sooo excited though. He colored a picture yesterday and said it was for Anna because he loves her. And Van will rub my belly sometimes too and say baby.... and then he also hits it. But that's my Van. Soon soon soon we will be a family of five!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud that Van alternately rubs and HITS your belly. Too funny. And how sweet is Adam, coloring her a picture "because he loves her"? I love HIM!

The letter A looks so cute! I might want to do that in our baby room, maybe you can send me the info for the painting lady.

I love the baby blanket! The ribbon is the perfect touch.

Good job on the to-do list!