I am not sure if this is something that should bother me but it kinda does because I obviously feel sort of guilty about it. Pretty much each and every day after we go to the barn, Adam goes to my mother in law's. Not because I make him, but because he wants to. So our day pretty much starts out as us waking up at 7:30 (nice, I know, I LOVE it) and we eat breakfast and putz around and get to the barn by around 8:30 or so. When I get back into the house it is about 10:30. Every day though when we are done, he says, "I'm going to Mama's." And she is more than happy about it, she loves having him, she never complains or says she doesn't want him.
She always says he is no trouble and does his own thing. Pretty much I know what happens, they go home, have a snack and he plays. He has lunch and takes a nap, then wakes up plays some more and is home for dinner. I ask Chip like once a week, do you think I should make him come home? Do you think it's bad he is up there? And of course he says no, he's happy, they like having him, I wouldn't worry about it. I guess my issue is I feel like I am home to be home with him, but I am not. Granted, I am home with Van and I feel like I get to spend more time with him reading, and working on puzzles and little things that pretty much Adam would be doing for him, or taking away from him, so that part I am happy about.
I think a couple of things are going on here. I think that Adam enjoys going up there because he gets undivided attention from his grandparents, and he isn't being told to share with Van, don't take that away from Van, be nice to Van, let Van play, etc. But he does intereact with him in the mornings and in the barn and when he comes home after dinner. Maybe I am making a bigger deal out of this than I should but I sort of feel bad. My plan today was to bribe him to come home with the rice table, painting or making a craft but Chip took him on the tractor and then I went inside. When Chip came home, no Adam and he said, 'He wanted to go to Mama's.' And it has become sort of a routine now I guess. But I just realized, when the cows go out in a few months, we won't be going to the barn anymore and maybe he won't go up there as much. We will see.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment