Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mom confession six (since there are 2 threes we skipped five) got that? :)

Ok, this is a little crazy one... I seem to have a little crush on my chidrens' pediatrician! I thought I kept it pretty well hidden but my husband called me on it a few months ago. It's kinda a running joke actually, I accuse him of liking Rachel Ray and he accuses me of liking our pediatrician. I said to him one day, how did you know? He was like, you get giddy every time he comes in the room!

He's not attractive I don't think, and according to Parents magazine, it's very common to like your pediatrician. I think it is because he is very soft spoken and maybe I like the fact that he knows more about my children medically than I do? I don't really know. But I enjoy bringing the kids to the doctor.

Today was one of those days. We had the well check ups and since the kids are 3 days apart, we can book the appointments back to back. Chip wasn't able to go with me because he had some sort of really bad flu or something and no I didn't go and see the doctor alone- Ha! My mother in law went with me. They all know I HATE the shots, I mean no one likes them I guess but I always plan the appointments when Chip is off and even though he was, he couldn't go with me. The nurse told my mother in law, you would be surprised how many mothers can't do the shots or cry. That would be me.

Anyway, I fortunately (or unfortunately for me since I can't see the Dr. :) ) have two very healthy children. I don't know if it is the all healing powers of breast milk, farm fresh air, or not being in day care, but my kids don't really get sick. Adam hasn't been to the Dr since his last check up at 2 years and Van just went once for croup. All in all, two healthy kids. And they are still on the growing 'curves'. I can't really tell you percentiles because I didn't really look but Van is 19 pounds 6 ounces, same as Adam at a year and 31 1/2 inches long, a half an inch longer that Adam at a year. And Adam is 38 inches long and 29 pounds. So that was that for the day.

No comments: