
events or sounds or smells that bring you back to a time in your life or reminds you of something? Well, every time American Idol starts their season off, I am reminded of the time when my boys were born. And it's sort of funny because they were both born around Valentine's Day, but that doesn't do anything for me. Honestly, I can't even remember what we did the Valentine's Day before Adam was born. Oh, wait, I remember having steak because a midwife told me to eat a lot of protein and that would make my blood pressure go down (because it was high). But it's not like every time the Valentine's stuff comes out (like the day after Christmas) I get thinking, oh, birthday time. But when American Idol starts, I get sad and think, oh no, another year has gone by. Both times when the boys were born, we were watching American Idol in the hospital, well at some point in the labors anyway. Adam's had just begun and Van's was pretty much over, it he was born at 9:37 pm. I told Chip last night, well I know next week they will actually have the contestants because we were watching them last year when Van was born, (and his birthday is one week from today.) (Not when he was actually BORN of course.) :)
And tomorrow we are going to this FFA dinner and we went last year and I remember being very sore and ready to have a baby. Funny what a difference a year makes. And then they are starting this heart-a-thon on the radio. I remember clear as day listening to that while on bed rest with Adam and I was scrapbooking baby boy pages, ready for him to come. Isn't it funny the things you remember?
No comments:
Post a Comment