I read this article in Parenting magazine a few days ago and I thought it was HILARIOUS. It was a mom that wrote it and it was about the steps she went to garden and I felt like I could totally relate. If you are a mom and are trying to get anywhere on time, I am sure you can relate to this as well. And with two kids, it is even more of a challenge. So here I go with the steps to get ready for a St. Patricks Day parade. Keep in mind, I told my mom when I pulled in to her driveway, I was going to blog this:
1. Arise at 7:30 to the rustlings of my children. (Honeslty something I absolutely LOVE) I need to pick my parents up at 9:30, they live 20 minutes away, NO PROBLEM!
2. Find baby Van in his crib looking like Tarzan, (he tends to get one arm out of his sleeper which is something I find HIGHLY amusing.
3.Get Van out of crib and close the gate.
4. Let Adam and Van pay together while I wash my hair.
5. Gather my brush and baby’s hand out of the toilet.
6. Get 2 undershirts, 2 pairs of socks, underwear, 2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts for both of the boys and carry the baby and outfits downstairs.
7. Let dog out.
8. Prepare breakfast for both of the boys and myself.
9. Feed the baby and myself while Adam feeds himself.
10. Clean up after breakfast.
11. Attempt to change the baby which is similar to wrestling a small alligator. Inform Adam to start dressing himself.
12. Baby is dressed, I now redress Adam because the clothes are on, just backwards.
13. Dry my hair which is pretty much already dry but it needs to be 'styled.' I do this while holding one leg on the toilet so we don't have a repeat of #5.
14. Go upstairs and dress myself.
15. Go back downstairs and start to pack the St. Patrick's Day parade supplies. (oh yes the supplies)
16. Find two blankets, and run back upstairs and grab two sweatshirts for the boys, run downstairs and pack hats and mittens. I can't find ONE pair of matching mittens for Adam.
17. I call my mom and tell her I can't find a matching pair and we should be leaving momentarily. She says she is sure she has some and her and my dad are ready.
18. Continue packing, packing a snowsuit for baby, two hats and a pair of gloves for me. Thinking about it a little and realize that I should pack a pair of mittens for baby because what if it is not cold enough for a snowsuit but he will need a coat and then he will need mittens, so I pack them.
19. Ok, now for the diaper bag. Check to make sure I have enough diapers, and a bib. Pack a bag of teddy grahams and 2 cups of milk and 2 juice boxes. Adam, upon seeing this decides he is thirsty. We have taken him off a sippy cup and since those were my last 2 juice boxes, I pour him a drink.
20. Pack batteries for my camera because it dies each time I turn it on. Realize my camera is on the third floor because the last time I used it was to do the last blog. Run up here to get it.
21. Start packing my coupons and realize I need the watch battery warrenty and run back up here to get it.
22. Ok, now it's time to get coats and shoes on. Go to put Van's socks on and see that even though I had 2 tractor socks, they don't match. Run upstairs to get 2 white ones. And throw some mascara and lip gloss on while I'm upstairs.
23. Get everyone coated and shoed and realize that Van's face isn't washed, I wash it before we go.
24. Finally out the door with a walking child, baby in arms as well as my purse, diaper bag, and the huge bag of blankets, sweatshirts and coupons and whatnot.
25. Get out to the van and load everyone in as well as 2 strollers.
26. Arrive at my parents at 9:36 as they are wating at the door.
27. Realize as we drive further, I left my husband's watch on the counter, I have the warrenty but no watch!
28. Having mostly everything I needed and survived the day.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment