Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My masterpieces




I have been working on the sweater that Adam has on since July. What can I say, I am sort of slow and the only time I knit is at night because when the kids are around, I just can't stop in the middle of a row or really think about what I am doing. And of course my eyes get tired at night so I don't get that much accomplished at a time. But, I truly love it and I am itching to start my next project. I wanted to make something with a picture knitted into it. I had no idea how to do it and I wanted a little bit of a challenge. There are two fish, one at the bottom and the other on his sleeve and the other is a sailboat. At first it was kinda tricky but now I know what to do. I am pretty happy with it, I just wish it were a little bigger.


I started Van his sweater and hat set when I was pregnant with him and finished it in July. I never had done buttons and button holes before so that was my challenge on that piece. I have to admit, this is only the second time he has worn it. I am so afraid of something happening to it! But the hat he has worn more. I better make it a point to have him wear it often. I am working on something mindless for myself next and then after that, I am doing this complicated piece with cables and different stitching for Adam (if I make it for Adam, I can get two-kids wear of out it!), I will let you know about it... like next year when it is done. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my word, Jules... when I read "My Masterpieces" I at first assumed you were referring to your children (they are masterpieces as well, just so you know :))... but then I said NO WAY as I was realizing that you were referring to what your kids are WEARING in the pictures!

Wow! You are really, really good!