Sunday, February 10, 2008

Baby Products

I have my little area up here where my computer is and my scrapbooking supplies as well. I usually scrapbook and go on the computer when my kids are napping but there are occasions where they are up here. I have a little basket of toys for them but what Adam likes to do best is get into my scrapbooking supplies, and dump the basket of toys all over the floor. So what my mom suggested was to 'clean out' this other room opposite of this room and put out a bunch of toys for them so they can play. Well, let me just give you a little look as to what is in that other room.

Since is seems like in the last three years, I have either been pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or I acutally have an infant, all of the 'baby' things have accumulated in that room. And now since none of the above is actually going on in our lives, we don't need all those things over there. You may wonder, how much can an infant actually accumulate? I mean it is about an eight pound little bundle, what do you need right? Well, for some reason, we have lots and lots and lots of stuff. Here is what I moved out of the room today- a large baby swing, a bassinet, a baby bath tub, a BIN labeled 'infant toys' (oh yes, infant toys), a baby gym, a BUMBO seat, a large back pack carrier like if you were going to hike into the wilderness which I have only done once and he got really heavy really quick, a breastfeeding pillow which I have never needed because I seemed to hold them ok, various sizes of diapers Van grew out of, two diaper bags that you get from the hospital each time you have a baby, a vibrating seat, a tub seat for the mom to sit on while she is bathing the kids, a beach cabana and an infant seat/gym/thing that is covered up in case you went outside, and I am sure much much more I can't really think of right now.

The thing you are probably thinking is, why don't you get rid of the stuff you at least don't use. Well, I actually just dropped off 2 large garbage bags full of stuff at this consignment store a few months ago. People just give you things sometimes and it just adds up. I was thinking when I was at my sister in laws a few weeks ago and she lives by Amish people, what do they do with their babies? Mine moved from the swing, to the bouncy seat, to the gym and back again in between feedings and changings. Well, now I have a place for my kids to play though. I grabbed a bunch of toys for them today that I am bringing up here and it was like they never saw them before, it was cool. I have accumulated a bunch of things myself in this house too I guess, but I am not going to tell you how much I weigh. :) And let's not get into the things that we actually use NOW that are downstairs for the kids. Holy Moley.

1 comment:

Poley said...

OMG I can't believe you posted this because I was just looking around at all of the baby stuff I don't use right now and thought "where am I going to put it" It's amazing how much you accumulate and only use it for such a short period of time.